Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone and plays a key role in the development of male reproductive tissues like the testes and prostate. It also supports secondary characteristics like increased muscle mass and the growth of body hair.
Though it is considered a male sex hormone, women also produce small amounts of this hormone in their ovaries and adrenal glands. Together with estrogen, testosterone supports the growth and maintenance of female reproductive tissue.
How testosterone benefits your body
Testosterone is essential for the following:
- Muscle mass
- Bone density
- Sex drive
- Mood and quality of life
- Verbal memory and thinking ability
What is TRT?
Low or declining testosterone is a normal part of aging in healthy adults, but many don’t want to live with the uncomfortable symptoms and side effects. Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is form of medical treatment primarily used to treat symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men and women. Potential benefits include improved libido, increased bone mass and an increased sense of well-being. TRT can be administered as a pill, gel, patch or injection, or it can be implanted as pellets into the soft tissues.
Seven alternative uses for TRT/Testosterone replacement therapy
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is most commonly used to treat symptoms of low T, however it can also be used to balance unusual testosterone levels caused by:
- Autoimmune disorders (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, etc.)
- Metabolic syndromes (e.g., high blood pressure, high blood sugar, unhealthy cholesterol levels, etc.)
- Genetic disorders (Klinefelter syndrome, Kallmann syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome and myotonic dystrophy)
- Infections that damage your sex organs
- Undescended testicles
- Radiation therapy for cancer
- Sex organ surgeries
To learn more about how TRT can help you or to schedule a FREE low T test, call SynergenX Health at 877-915-2554.
Get experienced, compassionate testosterone therapy throughout Texas.