- University of Nebraska Medical Center: Bachelor of Science
- University of Nebraska Medical Center: Masters in Physician Assistant Studies
- U.S. Army Flight Surgeon Course
- Baylor University: Doctor of Science in Clinical Orthopedics
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified in hormone pellet placement
- Certified in penile shockwave therapy
Honors and Recognition
- Fellow, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Retired from the United States Army with 20 years of service; multiple combat deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Bronze Star and Air Medal recipient
- Inducted into the Order of Military Medical Merit
- Surgeon Generals Excalibur Award 2006
- Society of Army Physician Assistants
- Society of United States Army Flight Surgeons
Mike grew up in several states and Germany. He received his bachelor and master degrees from Nebraska University through the Interservice Physician Assistant Program while serving in the US Army. He later was selected and earned his Doctorate of Science in Clinical Orthopedics through Baylor University/US Army Physician Assistant Orthopedic Fellowship.
Mike is a retired US Army Major with multiple combat deployments and an extensive background in emergency medicine, family practice, flight surgery and orthopedics, both non-operative and operative. His final assignment included roles as cast clinic chief, adjunct faculty member to US Army Graduate School Academy Health Sciences, and senior orthopedic physician assistant for Darnall Army Medical Center/Fort Hood, Texas.
Mike currently lives on a small ranch with his wife, Laura, and son, Aaron, outside of the Dallas area. He enjoys horses, hunting, fishing, and carpentry/building.